Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)
The VenaCure EVLT procedure is safe, fast, and effective. The VenaCure EVLT system uses targeted laser energy to shrink or seal the vein closed. Treatment begins by sliding a very small laser cathether into the vein through a small sheath. The heat from the laser damages the linig of the diseasd vein and casues it to scar closed. After the procedure, a bandage is paced over the insertions iste and the leg is wrapped for compression. The patient is encouraged to wal k at least 10 minutes every hour, while awake, for the next 24 hours. Minimal discomfort is occasionally nonoted for several days and can be manage with over the coiuntermedications like like acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
Here’s what to expect from the VenaCure EVLT procedure:
- An ultrasound will be performed to map out your veins
- Local anesthetic will be administerered.
- A laser fiber is inserted through a tiny opening in the skin
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the diseased vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed; just avoid rigorous activities.
- Minor soreness and bruising should be expected. Discomfort level can easily be treated with over the counter medications such as Tylenol.